Teaser Tuesday: The Dressmaker, Legend, & The Eyre Affair


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Everything was dazzling. Warming to Tess's eagerness, Lucile continued the next day to point out quite casually the stellar passengers: here, an owner of a railway; there, an aide to the United States' President Taft; oh, and there, a famous theatrical producer - she knew them all. Together they strolled among the huge reception rooms, with their elaborately carved chairs, rich mahogany tables, and gilded mirrors, until Lucile announced that she was bored and ready for a nap.  

~ The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott, Kindle Location 201 (Galley Edition) 


    For you, let's test out your skills with a practice run. Show me how you'd track Day. Maybe you'll get somewhere. Maybe not. But you're a set of fresh young eyes, and if you impress me, I'll promote you to be a full agent on this patrol. I'll make you famous - the youngest agent out there.  
    ~ Legend by Marie Lu, pg. 46


    Ordinarily I would not have believed that Rochester could have torn himself from the pages of Jane Eyre and come to my aid that night; such a thing is, of course, quite impossible. I might have dismissed the whole thing as a ludicrously complicated prank had it not been for one thing: Edward Rochester and I had met once before...  
    ~ The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, pg.62




Comments

  1. The Eyre Affair is made of epic!!!! Seriously, I wish more people would read it. I want to crawl inside that book and live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received Legend for Christmas and can't wait to finally read it. I have been waiting on it for sooooo long :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great teasers! I'm especially intrigued by The Eyre Affair.

    Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but you have certainly piqued my interest. Thanks for sharing! Great Teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I've had my eye on The Dressmaker for a while now. Hope you're enjoying it. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, great teasers! Especially Legend, that one looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... I've never heard of The Eyre Affair that you teased and everyone has commented on. I read Jane Eyre in college and loved it, maybe I need to check this book out?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    ~Lia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to read Legend!!!!! I'm gonna get to it eventually...too wrapped up in NetGalley month right now :) Thanks for visiting Sweet Southern Home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teasers! I haven't heard of some of them, but this makes me want to look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I picked up Legend a couple weeks ago. I love the format the book is in, how the two narrators have different fonts and colours for their parts. I'm really excited to read it! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I really want to read Legend :) The Dressmaker and The Eyre Affair also sound good. Great teaser picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All great teasers! I'm especially interested in The Dressmaker & The Eyre Affair.

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, all of these are terrific teasers! I just got Legend from the library last week and can't wait to read it. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really teased by The Eyre Affair. Now i have to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teasers! I'm going to have to check out The Eyre Affair!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  16. All three are on my want to read list! Great teases.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting teasers! Especially the first one. :)

    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Eyre Affair (and the rest of the Thursday Next series) are brilliant and some of my all-time favorite books!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!