Weekly Lark 1/11/12


The Weekly Lark is a prompt for the imagination: something that’s just for fun. A lark is defined as “a source of or quest for amusement or adventure”. . . so let the adventure begin!

This week: When you need a break from your usual genre, what do you turn to?


Andrea: I read a lot of YA, and when I feel myself getting burnt out, I turn to adult books that are  historical fiction or chick lit. 

Tiffany: I'm a little quirky; I alternate my YA with paranormal romance. I can't take too much of the chaste pining before I need an adult woman who will take charge. And that's how I roll.

Paula: I usually mix up my YA with adult fiction. Recent example is when I read The Night Circus this fall.

Jen: I try to choose books that are quite different from each other as i go along to prevent burnout, but when all fails, I turn to crime thrillers by authors like Karin Slaughter and Simon Kernick, classics or epic fantasy (George RR Martin) to reset me. Last year I even threw in a couple of memoirs, which I NEVER normally read!

Tevya: I never need a break from what I usually read. I can't get enough of it and there is always something else out there that I want to read. Plus, what I read is so random that I don't get tired. I go from YA to Adult and back very randomly.


Comments