Book Boyfriend: Ren Laroche


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well. 

My Book Boyfriend of the Week is Ren Laroche from the Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer. I am using Taylor Kitsch from Friday Night Lights as Ren's look alike based on Andrea Cremer's suggestion. Lark Michelle L. went to a signing with her a few weeks ago and was kind enough to ask who she thought resembled Ren best. PLEASE NO SPOILERS IF YOU LEAVE A COMMENT!

Appearance:
* Charcoal Colored Hair
* Tall - 6'2
* Obsidian eyes flecked with silver
* Often seen wearing old jeans, black tees, and black boots
* Muscular Build; Rock Hard Abdomen
* Smells of sandalwood, leather, bonfires in autumn

Why He's My Book Boyfriend:

Ren was always my choice in the Nightshade series. I loved everything about him. His protective personality and take charge attitude always sent a little shiver of delight down my spine. I also love that he is a take charge kind of guy and he's not shy about letting his feelings be known. He may have made some mistakes in the past, but I could never have chosen Shay over him even for a second. Ren is just plain hot.


Facts about Ren:

* Bane Pack Alpha
* Calla's Intended Mate
* Dark Gray Wolf 
* Strong fighter
* Lost his mother at a young age
* Nickname for Calla = Lily
* Extremely Loyal
* Humorous, Sarcastic

Quotes about Ren:

* He moved as though he owned the school. His eyes darted from side to side - ever a wolf, always predatory. ~ Nightshade, pg. 28
* My lips parted as I drew a sudden, startled breath and in that instant his mouth was on mine, soft as velvet. I closed my eyes against the rush of a hundred wings that suddenly beat in my chest and soared through my body. His scent was all around me. Leather, sandalwood, bonfires in autumn. He pulled back, but only for the sake of moving his lips to trail over my neck. ~ Nightshade, pg. 197
* "If they see us, they'll just turn around and get out of here," he murmured, lips touching my ear. "No one crosses me." ~ Nightshade, pg. 234

* Ren's scent was everywhere. The smoke of aged wood lingering beneath a chilled autumn sky, the smooth burn of well-worn leather, the seductive ribbon of sandalwood. I closed my eyes, letting his scent pour over me, filling me with memories. ~ Bloodrose, Kindle Location 79
* With each touch of his fingers my skin came alive, crackling like tinder under a lit match. Burning away fear. Burning away sorrow. Burning away loss. ~ Bloodrose, Kindle Location 226
* I caught the scent of Ren's fury, sudden and violent, as he stepped in front of me, blocking Shay's approach. It was an act of possession, as unmistakable as if he'd thrown a gauntlet at Shay's feet. Ren was an alpha, and he was reclaiming his place. ~ Bloodrose, Kindle Location 361
* "We were always meant for each other, Calla," he said... ~ Bloodrose, Kindle Location 1847




Comments

  1. YES! I'm so TEAM REN! Why anyone would choose anyone else is a mystery to me. LOL

    Please tell me she ends up with him. I haven't read the rest of the books only because I'm lost interest after she ran away with whatshisface. LOL

    Awesome pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ren!! He's the best. He may be gone but he will forever live in my heart. I LOVE YOU RENEIR LAROCHE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!