Book Boyfriend: Tucker Avery



We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is
Tucker Avery


from The Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand


Appearance: Tucker has hazy blue eyes and short, spiky golden brown hair. His tan skin says he spends his days outdoors, and his lean, muscled frame tell you he's not afraid of some good old fashioned hard work. He has a rumbly voice, a dimple in his left cheek,  and often sports a little stubble along his jaw. 

Facts about Tucker: Tucker helps out on the family ranch, and is on the rodeo team. He loves his truck, Bluebell, almost as much as he loves his horse, Midas. He is a twin; his sister, Wendy, is best friends with the book's main character, Clara. Tucker calls Clara Carrots because of a bad hair dye job.

 Tucker quotes: "I want to put Tucker in a safe little box where I can predict what he wants, but he refuses to stay in it." ~ Clara, page 274

" 'What do you see in a guy like Christian Prescott?' he asked me that night when he dropped me off from prom. And what he was really saying then, what would have come through loud and clear if I hadn't been so blind was, Why don't you see me?" ~ Clara, page 310

" 'You like me, Clara,' he says. 'I know you do.' If only I could laugh at him. If only I could laugh and pull away and tell him how stupid and wrong he is. 'Try to tell me you don't,' he murmurs, so close his breath is on my face. I look up into his eyes and see the beckoning heat in them. I can't think. His lips are too close to mine and his hands are drawing me closer. 'Tuck,' I breathe, and then he kisses me." ~ Clara, page 333

"It feels like no one else knows him the way I do. I know that he doesn't really dig country music, but it's part of the whole Western scene so he tolerates it. . . He loves Cheetos. He believes one of the greatest tragedies in this world is the way the land keeps getting eaten up, all the wild spaces filled with condos and dude ranches. . . He's good to people, respectful. He doesn't cuss. He's kind. Thoughtful. He likes to pick me wildflowers, which I weave into garlands for my hair so I can smell them all day long." ~ Clara, page 350

If before reading the books I'd read descriptions of Tucker and Christian, the two boys in this series, I'd have guessed I'd go for Christian- I usually love dark wavy hair, green eyes, broody and gorgeous. But Tucker is so much more real. He's written with such honesty and lack of pretense that I just can't keep from giving him a piece of my heart. 



Comments

  1. Great choice Paula! I was Team Tucker all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paula... I hope you know you have to share Tuck! He's one of my most favourite fictional crushes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! He really isn't my type physically, but he is such a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe :D I am more of a team Christian :P But I like the quotes you've picked ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Team Tucker all the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!