Cover Crazy: Daughter of Smoke and Bone


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms.

I have been in love with this cover since I first laid eyes on it almost a year ago. I am amazed at the depth of texture achieved by using just three colors. I love that the mask creates both whimsy and mystery, and makes us want to get to know Karou before we even open to the first page. The mixture of fonts, one delicate and feminine, and the other strong and bold, hints further that this main character is complex and completely original. What are your thoughts on this cover?



.

Comments

  1. Not sure I'm a fan of the cover, but I've heard nothing but good stuff about this one. I bought it when it came out, haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!