Book BFF: Alex Andros


Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays. 


This week my Book BFF is Alexandria from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant series.

Nickname: Alex

Appearance: 
*long dark hair, brown eyes
*5'6", short for a half-blood
*high cheek bones and full lips, with a body that has a little curve to it
*She has tags: semi-circular scars from daemon bites

Facts about Alex:  
*She is a half-blood, meaning that she is the offspring of a regular human and a Pure (demigod). This means that she isn't allowed the same freedoms as a Pure.
*Her best friend is another half-blood, Caleb. Her relationship with Caleb is one of the most important
*Until 3 years ago, she was training at the Covenant in hopes of becoming a Sentinel. A Sentinel's main purpose is finding and killing daemons.
*She racked up a discipline record for sneaking out, disrupting class, fighting, and breaking numerous rules, including being in the male dorm, all by the age of 14.
*Her uncle is the dean of her school at the Covenant. Her step-father is the Minister of the Council.
*Her mother was attacked by a daemon, giving her even more reason to want to train to kill them. She has killed daemons before she even completes her training.

Quotes:
"I can do this. I have to be a sentinel. I don't want anything else. . . I can't do anything else." (Alex)

" 'What am I supposed to wear? I'm going to stick out and everyone will be looking at me.' 'Since when are you bothered by everyone staring at you?' 'Good point. See you later.' " (Alex and Aiden)

"You are far too pretty to be dressed like that. And you are entirely too excited to be working with knives." (Aiden)

"I was standing there long enough to realize you have no self-control and you're unstable. I kind of like that about you- mainly because I find it entertaining." (Seth)

Why she's my Book BFF: I click so well with Alex because she actually says and does things that I can only get away with in my head. This girl has little regard for consequences, even when the stakes are high- and she somehow manages to stay alive, as well as getting the attention of some noteworthy McHotties. If we knew each other in real life, she would be the friend dreaming up the wild schemes to get me out for some fun, while I'd be the voice of reason who kept her out of jail. We would have so much fun together!


Comments

  1. She sounds awesome! I have this book on my Kindle and I really need to start it soon. Great idea for a blog feature!!

    Here's mine: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/book-bff-1-cat.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and checking out our Book BFF!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea! I'm going to join in next week. I already know who my first BFF is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to leave us a link so we can check yours out! If we can get a few others who want to participate we can add a linky as well. Some weeks we do a Book Boyfriend instead.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!