We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.
Valek from the 'Study Series' by Maria V. Snyder
My ideal Valek is Richard Armitage.
* Sapphire blue eyes
* Pallid face, which is strong & angular
* Black hair in shoulder length ringlets
* Crinkles around his eye when he laughs
* Can appear very hard and expressionless when he wants to
* The actor I think most looks like Valek is Richard Armitage.
Facts about Valek:
* He is a highly skilled assassin and he killed the old magician king.
* He is chief for Ixia’s spy network and a master of disguise.
* He is immune to the effects of magic, but he can sense it.
* He is very intelligent & also very neat.
* He trains Yelena to become the Commander’s food taster and he is able to do the job himself if necessary.
* He wears a black stealth suit when he goes off spying, and his movements are very graceful.
* He has excellent combat skills and in order for a soldier to become Captain they must beat him.
* He has never been beaten in single combat.
* He is confident and cocky, but also extremely patient as he knows how to watch and perfectly set a trap.
“I want you to have this.” He extended his hand. On his palm sat the beautiful butterfly he had carved. Silver spots on the wings glinted in the sunlight, and a silver chain hung from a small hole drilled into its body. Valek looped the necklace around my neck. “When I carved this statue, I was thinking about you. Delicate in appearance, but with a strength unnoticed at first glance.” His eyes met mine.” Poison Study
“Everyone makes choices in life. Some bad, some good. It's called living, and if you want to bow out, then go right ahead. But don't do it halfway. Don't linger in whiner's limbo.” Poison Study
"You have my attention. But give me what I want, and you can have everything.” Poison Study
“Yelena, you've driven me crazy. You've caused me considerable trouble and I've contemplated ending your life twice since I've known you...but you slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.” Poison Study
Why he’s my Book Boyfriend:
He’s the strong silent type... quick on his feet, quick of mind and not too shy about his emotions. He gives Yelena the space to grow and change, but he is always there for her when she needs him, even when she can’t see him, she knows he is there in the shadows. He also looks very good in his black stealth suit... in my mind!