Teaser Tuesday: Hemlock, Delta Legend, The Immortal Rules, & Shatter Me


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.  

    The wind had a bitter edge that made my eyes sting and slipped through the gaps in my coat. I shivered and Kyle draped an arm over my shoulder. So far, April had been colder than anyone could remember, almost as though the ever-present gloom that had settled over Hemlock was affecting the weather.
    ~ Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock, pg. 4 (ARC)

    "Maybe the killer was in the backseat," added Samuel. 
    "Maybe it was a vampire," suggested Neal. 
    "What?!" exclaimed Ray. 
    "It's always a vampire these days," replied Neal with a shrug.
    "True. I just signed up for the vampire channel," announced Burt in all seriousness.
    "Really?" Terry asked with genuine interest. "How much that run ya?"
    ~ Delta Legend by Kelan O'Connell, Kindle Location 2228

    "Zeke...I..." I didn't know what to say. What could I say? Sorry I almost killed you? That I couldn't control the demon? That I wanted to keep drinking until you were an empty, lifeless husk? I didn't want you to see me like this, I thought despairingly, closing my eyes. Out of everyone, I didn't want you to see the monster.
    ~ The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, pg. 446 (ARC)

    Suddenly I'm looking and not looking at his face, I'm licked by a million flames and swallowing a million more. He's staring at me like he's never seen me before. I want to wash my soul in the bottomless blue of his eyes. He leans in until his forehead rests against mine and our lips still aren't close enough. He whispers, "How are you?" and I want to kiss every beautiful beat of his heart.
    ~ Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Kindle Location 1633



Comments

  1. Omg those are all such beautiful teasers. I don't know which I like more. Probably Immortal Rules cuz I'm like dreaming about that book (no just jk)

    My FF

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought all of these were pretty awesome examples of writing! Thanks for visiting Reading Lark. :)

      Delete
    2. I agree... all the teasers are incredibly enticing!! And I can empathize with Julie's book, of course! Look for my review of The Immortal Rules going up tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  2. Great picks and I loved Shatter Me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la, some awesome teasers there! I cannot wait to read TMR and Hemlock sounds fab! :) You guys just made me ten times more excited, aah!

    Happy Tuesday!

    -Momo
    Check out my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hemlock is fab so far. I wish I could just stay home and lose myself in it. Stupid shiny job.

      Delete
    2. Don't we all wish that, Andrea! ;) I don't think anyone will be disappointed with The Immortal Rules either! :)

      Delete
  4. gr8 tt
    i can't wait 2 read hemlock

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Hemlock as much as I am! Stop back by on April 1st to check out my review. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, those all sound like great books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooo who is this Kyle!!!!! he sounds delightful!!!!! now i want hemlock even more!!!!
    and damn that immortal rules!!!! it sounds so amazing!!!
    and shatter me!! GAH i miss adam!!!!
    Tara's Tease

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyle is someone you want to get to know. I love that you're excited about Hemlock. It's awesome so far! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, most of these are on my "read as soon as I can" list! Hemlock, Shatter Me, Immortal Rules - great teasers I want to read them even more now! :D

    Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    April @My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!