Teaser Tuesday: Ripper, Pandemonium, & The Grimm Legacy


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

    As I struggled to tie the strings, I heard a voice near my ear.
    "And Lady Westerfield's granddaughter finds herself suddenly in the midst of a real-life penny dreadful novel: a patient in the hospital where she volunteers is murdered. Disemboweled instantly, throat sliced open to the spinal cord, the killer so quick in fact that Miss Polly Nichols did not even have time to scream."
    ~ Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves, Kindle Location 433 (Galley Edition)

    Something wrenches in my stomach - deep inside, under the layers I've built over the past six months, past the fake Lena with her shell and her ID cards and the three-pointed scar behind her ear. This is the world we live in, a world of safety and happiness and order, a world without love. A world where children crack their heads on stone fireplaces and nearly gnaw off their tongues and the parents are concerned. Not heartbroken, frantic, desperate. Concerned, as they are when you fail mathematics, as they are when they are late to pay their taxes.
    ~ Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver, Kindle Location 786

    When I opened the door from the dim hallway, I could hardly believe I was in the same building, or any building at all. Sunlight poured in all around me, filtered through the leaves and blossoms and bare tree branches. It sparkled off streams and waterfalls and snowdrifts. It gleamed on wet rocks and the wings of blackbirds.
    ~ The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman, pg. 56


Comments

  1. Jen, Even though I've already read Pandemonium, that teaser still gives me chills. I can't wait to hear what you think about it when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying it - I just wish I had more time for reading right now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!