Cover Crazy: Sisters Red & Sweetly


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. The linky is currently hosted by Turning the Pages.


I have chosen to look at two covers from Jackson Pearce's books this week. I like clever covers, or ones that tell me something about the book. (I don't really go for 'girl looking sad/mysterious' covers.) I love these ones as I can imagine that they took a long time to create, and I like how they are almost optical illusions... look at Sisters Red - which do you see first, the sisters or the wolf? For Sweetly, is it the scary woods or the witch's face? So cool. It's the kind of cover I wish I'd made myself. 



Comments

  1. Wow, I must admit I love the covers of Sisters Red more than Sweetly. First, because red is my favorite color and secondly because I love the two reflecting faces of the girl. Great choice!

    Here's my Cover Crazy!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of these whimsical covers. I am pretty sure I feature Sweetly on one of my CC a long while back. I really like how the tree branches form a face for Sweetly. Sister's Red is really cool because there are two opposing faces: one red headed and the other dark haired. Very cool!

    PS: You can link up your posts on Monday's Here:


    http://www.pageturnersblog.com/2012/04/cover-crazy-whats-left-of-me.html#axzz1qu3KOxt9

    On Wednesdays I will also be linking up with Turning the Pages blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the Sister's Red cover a million times and I never until now noticed the wolf. I am apparently really slow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!