Teaser Tuesday: Dreamless, Insurgent, Grave Mercy, Shift, & Starters
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
- She stretched out and let her body float until her mind emptied. This must be what it was like to swim unafraid in the ocean, but Helen preferred to swim in an ocean of stars. She floated until the cold and the loneliness became intolerable, and then she drifted back down to earth.
- ~ Dreamless (Starcrossed #2) by Josephine Angelini, pg. 55 (ARC)
- I should have thought this through. I sleep in a long T-shirt one of the Amity lent me. It comes down just past my butt, and I didn't think to put on a pair of shorts before I came here. Tobias's eyes skim my bare legs, making my face warm. I lie down, facing him.
- ~ Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth, pg. 47 (ARC)
- "Lie with me," he says, and I do not know if he means to lie next to him on the bed or rather to lie with him as a woman lies with a man. "They say it is a most glorious way to die, lying with Death's handmaiden."
- ~ Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers, Kindle Location 4170
- A single tear slipped out of my eye, rolling over my temple like hot wax down a candlestick. Logan caught it.
- "Hey, look." He held up his wet fingertip. "I finally wiped away your tear."
- I smiled despite my doubt. "Thank you."
- "It's the least I can do, considering I cause most of them."
- ~ Shift (Shade #2) by Jeri Smith-Ready, pg. 18
- I sat in a modern metal chair as Mr. Tinnenbaum stood behind the desk, pointing at the air display. "One of our newest members. Like you, she heard about us through a friend. The women who rented her body were quite pleased."
- ~ Starters by Lissa Price, pg. 3