Teaser Tuesday: Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink, Pandemonium, The Host, & The Thirteen


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.   

    Now, here is the dirty little secret of almost every girl who loves history: somewhere along the line, she fell for a fictional historical hottie. Maybe it was Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy in that dripping wet shirt. Or Clark Gable imagining Vivien Leigh without her shimmy. Or a rascally Hugh Grant charming a girl Senseless. Even Leonardo DiCaprio clinging to the Titanic as he slowly turned blue. Believe you me. If a girl loves history, this probably happened.
    ~ Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm, Kindle Location 290 (Galley Edition)



    I laugh, even though none of it is funny. The world is upside down and everything is shit and my life has been cleaved and there are two different Lenas running parallel to each other, the old and the new, and they will never, ever be whole again.

    ~ Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver, pg. 192


    "Just because she isn't human, do you think that means she doesn't feel pain?" Ian asked as his voice faded into the distance. "That she doesn't feel just like a girl who's been beaten - beaten by us?"
    ~ The Host by Stephenie Meyer, pg. 184

    Everything that was wrong in Paula's life was showing: she was too poor and too sad and too lonely. Of course, all of that would change. She was home now. They could be friends again. Everything would be all right.
    ~ The Thirteen by Susie Moloney, pg. 68







Comments

  1. Great teasers! I love the host and Ian *sigh dreamily* Can't wait to read Pandemonium either!

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read The Host!! This teaser is making me want to do it sooner than later! I agree... great teasers we've got!! :)

    I am ADORING Pandemonium, Ning!! I'm almost done and it's better than Delirium!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at the first one, I just finished Pandemonium recently and LOVED it, the Host tidbit was intriguing as hell, and I added the Thirteen to my wish list yesterday since it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha great teasers! Pilgrims don't wear pink sounds hilarious.

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Everything would be all right"? *sigh* I sense a twist in the road up ahead for that Paula..

    My teaser is from Eric Flint's military novel The Tide of Victory:
    e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deepali, I am halfway through the book and everything is decidedly NOT all right with Paula.Which is fun to read. ;)

    Thanks, everyone, for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of awesomeness this week! I loved Host! Can't wait for the movie.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!