Teaser Tuesday: Starcrossed, Masters of the Veil, & The Immortal Rules


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.   

    In the corner of the tiny office, one of the sobbing sisters appeared. She was hunkered down on her knees, her face covered by her filthy hair, moaning names and saying "blood for blood" as she hit her forehead repeatedly against the wall.
    ~ Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini, Kindle Location 488

    Gaetani froze in disbelief - his boss had a gun directed at a federal agent - while the woman smiled at the Lieutenant as he stood there armed, red-faced, and quivering. Greenford's hand twitched inside her jacket pocket and the gun dropped to the floor. Her hand twitched again and the Lieutenant fell back into his seat, which gave a loud creak of protest. He struggled in place as if bound by invisible ropes.
    ~ Masters of the Veil by Daniel A. Cohen, pg. 20

    It was the whole "Property of" bit that bothered me. I was no one's property. If the damn bloodsuckers wanted me, they'd have to catch me first. And I wasn't going to make it easy for them.
    ~ The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, Kindle Location 221



Comments

  1. I loved Starcrossed and lets not talk about the jealousy I feel about Immortal Rules.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving Starcrossed so far. I'm glad to see you're a fan. Off to check out your teaser....

      Delete
  2. Love the teasers! Thanks:D

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesday-april-10th-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!