Waiting on Wednesday: Insurgent


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

Insurgent (Divergent #2)
By: Veronica Roth
Release Date: May 1, 2012

This is supposed to be a “Waiting on Wednesday” post, but I felt it would be a little disingenuous to write it like I haven’t read the book when I have... so it is instead a “Why You SHOULD Be Waiting On Wednesday” post! 

 Reading Lark posted my review on Monday, and I didn’t put any quotes in... but now I’m going to hit you with a couple of non-spoilery ones that I liked to whet your appetites! 

 There are some really interesting points to think about in Insurgent... sure, it’s fast paced and really exciting, but I do love a book that makes me sit back and go “huh” too. Here’s an example: 

 I read somewhere, once, that crying defies scientific explanation. Tears are only meant to lubricate the eyes. There is no real reason for tear glands to overproduce tears at the behest of emotion. 
I think we cry to release the animal parts of us without losing our humanity. Because inside me is a beast that snarls and growls, and strains towards freedom, toward Tobias and, above all, toward life. And as hard as I try, I cannot kill it. 
So I sob into my hands instead. 

 The other, non-spoilery quote I have chosen is this exchange, which made me giggle: 

“What?” He laughs a little. “They each have an equal role in government; they each feel equally responsible. And it makes them care; it makes them kind. I think that’s beautiful.” 

“I think it’s unsustainable,” I say. “Sure, it works for the Amity. But what happens when not everyone wants to strum banjos and grow crops? What happens when someone does something terrible and talking about it can’t solve the problem?” 
He shrugs. “I guess we’ll find out.” 

 And you will very soon on May 1st! You may have noticed, possibly somewhat outraged, that there were no hot quotes here. It doesn’t mean there aren’t any – oh there are! It means you’ll have to stay tuned to get them, and it would be really super if you were to vote for Reading Lark’s team, Team Erudite while you do... we know we’re evil, but we still want to be loved... http://bit.ly/choose_erudite




Comments

  1. I'm so excited for Insurgent's release! I hope it's just as amazing as Divergent! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squeaks and jumps up and down* I cannot wait for this one..excellent pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen!! You're killing me here!!!! I sooo can't wait for Insurgent!!! NEED TOBIAS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!