Book BFF: Allison (Allie) Sekemoto



Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays. 


This week my Book BFF is Allison (Allie) Sekemoto from Julie Kagawa's The Immortal Rules (Book 1 of the Blood of Eden series). 

Appearance:   Earlier in the book, Allie describes herself while looking at her reflection in a cracked mirror as having straight black hair and "squinty eyes".  Zeke later described Allie as "a beautiful, exotic-looking vampire girl with a katana".  After her transformation to becoming a vampire, she wears black clothes (doesn't show blood so much) and a long black coat. 

   Facts about Allie: 

 -  Allie secretly loved to read despite books being forbidden.  Prior to her mother's death, she taught her to read and provided some education to Allie.

-  While human, her 'friends' included Lucas, Stick and Rat.

-  After she becomes a vampire, her weapon of choice is a katana... a Japanese-sword/blade.

-  Kanin is her sire and mentor. 

Quotes (*all quotes were found on Goodreads from The Immortal Rules): 

“Did he teach you how to bore your opponents to sleep? Because I think I missed that lesson." ~ Allie

“I wasn't thinking of his blood, rushing just below the skin. I wasn't thinking of his heartbeat or his touch or the pulse at his throat. Right now, all I was thinking of was Zeke.” ~ Allie

“Hunger flickered, always there, but I pushed it down. I was a vampire. Nothing would change that. But I didn't have to be a monster.” ~ Allie 

Why would I want Allie to be my BFF: 

Allie is DEFINITELY someone you would want as a friend... vampire or not!  True, she constantly fights her vampiric instincts to drink your blood, but she does not want to become a monster, and more so around people for whom she cares about.  Despite her tough and cynical exterior, she truly has enough compassion to get her through the sometimes unbearable temptations before her.  And she has a sense of humour, as well... and I appreciate that in anyone.

She was street-smart as a human and an accomplished swords-woman as a vampire.  When involved in  situations that seemed hopeless... she gets through it with determination and tenacity. 

Allie does what is within her power to help and doesn't give up.  I definitely would want to have a friend like her in my corner... fangs or no fangs.  

Who Fits My Image of Allie Sekemoto:

Originally, my first image was a young version of Maggie Q (best known for her role in Nikita) with a bit of Phoebe Tonkin (best known for her role as Faye in The Secret Circle) rolled in to make her very exotic looking. 




Comments

  1. I loved this character!! Great post Michele!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Allie was an awesome heroine! Can't wait to read more!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!