We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.
Ian from The Host by Stephenie Meyer
My ideal Ian is Ian Somerhalder.
My ideal Ian is Ian Somerhalder.
* Ian is about 25
* He is very tall and muscular
* He has pale skin, black scruffy hair and striking blue eyes.
* His nose is very straight.
* Some people I know really feel like James McAvoy fills the description of Ian perfectly, however I have only ever read The Host with one Ian in mind, Ian Somerhalder. I think it is because in the story, Ian often twitches his lips in amusement or disbelief at Wanderer and Ian Somerhalder has this down to a tee. He is also king of the intimate moment, and I literally get goosebumps just thinking about him as Ian O’Shea. I’ve included some well researched pictures to share with you!
Facts about Ian:
* Initially he hates & fears Wanderer, to the point of trying to kill her.
* He is very observant and quickly notices her gentle ways.
* Ian was one of the first people to accept Wanderer. He initially assigns himself to her as protection, and then finds himself falling in love with her.
* Ian is one of the few people who realize how Wanderer thinks – that asking her to make decisions is less kind than telling her what to do, because she will torment herself in trying to please everyone.
* Ian loves Wanderer for herself rather than her host body.
* Ian is quite self-sacrificing; when Wanderer can’t find Melanie, he realizes that he must let Jared kiss her to bring Melanie back – something he is not happy about, but he understands the need.
* He is pretty funny too.
“Anyway, as long as you don’t put us in danger, it seems…cruel to kill you. What’s one more misfit in this place?” Ian to Wanda, pg 243
"Fine," Jared snapped. "But if you try cuddling up to me tonight...so help me, O'Shea. Ian chuckled, “Not to sound overly arrogant, but to be perfectly honest, Jared, were I so inclined, I think I could do better.” pg 483
“You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me.” Ian to Wanda, pg 570.
Jamie smiled hugely. “Ian didn't come. He just sat here with you - he said he didn't care what you looked like. He wouldn't let anyone else put a finger on your tank at all, not even me or Mel. But Doc let me watch this time. It was way cool, Wanda. I don't know why you wouldn't let me watch before. They wouldn't let me help, though. Ian wouldn't let anyone touch you but him.” Ian squeezed my hand and leaned to whisper through all the hair. His voice was so low that I was the only one who could hear. “I held you in my hand, Wanderer. And you were so beautiful.” pg 603.
Why he’s my Book Boyfriend:
He makes me cry big ugly tears. With his understanding, his sympathy and his loving care for Wanderer when she won’t even take care of herself. He sits with her while she mourns in the dark for three days, unspeaking. He is man enough to admit he was scared, prejudiced and wrong at the beginning. He lets her do what she needs to to cope, and he supports her while she is doing it. He even loves her when she is completely alien to him – isn’t that the ultimate in someone accepting you for who you are?