Cover Crazy: Above


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. The linky is currently hosted by Turning the Pages.

This week I am featuring the cover of Above by Leah Bobet. I love how muted the colors are in this one because it allows the eye to really focus on the girl and the buildings in the distance. I love the textures of the girl's hair and wings. I'm also fascinated by the light that shimmers around the girl's head and the building in the distance. I get a dystopian feeling from this cover, but it also has just a hint of magic. What are your thoughts on this one?


Comments

  1. I love the cover of this book. It's on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very tempted to get this one... plus that city-scape is TORONTO!! ;) I recognize the CN Tower anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think out of all the Larks you should read this one first for sure. :)

      Delete
    2. I picked it up on Friday! :) And I think she's coming to my Chapters in a couple of weeks (her and RJ Anderson and another author I don't know)... so I might swing by to get my book signed. I think I have an RJ Anderson Faery book that I haven't read yet too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!