Teaser Tuesday: All These Lives, Shine, The Immortal Rules, & Deadlocked


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.   

    But, as I sit here, I can't help straining my ears and counting the number of times Jena breathes in and out. In and out. Maybe, if I listen hard enough, I'll hear a secret code, a message that will prepare me for whatever comes next, but there's only the whirring of machines and her inhaling and exhaling.
    ~ All These Lives by Sarah Wylie, pg. 19 (ARC)

    He turned his head to face me, but stayed on his back. "You look beautiful." I glanced at my live shot in the corner. My features were as dim as his. "You can barely see me in the dark." "I don't need to see you to know that you're beautiful." It was my turn to emit a whimper and twist the sheets. He could still slay me with the simplest statements.
    ~ Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready, pg. 211

    The vamps don't stay in their precious towers all the time. Sometimes they go hunting for live bodies. Everybody knows that.
    ~ The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, pg. 15

    "Do you mind if I impose on your for a glass of water?" 
    "No, not at all," I said, and rose to fetch it. I had to step over the body.
    ~ Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris, pg. 212




Comments

  1. Oh my word... that Shine teaser is one of my favorites! Gah! I love that book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I, LitzaLou! My review just went up for it today here on Reading Lark! :)

      Delete
  2. These are great! Headed off to Goodreads to looks these up!

    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-urban-shaman.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!