Teaser Tuesday: Born Wicked, Timepiece, & City of Lost Souls


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.   

    "We're witches, Cate. We were born that way. Magic isn't shameful, no matter what the Brothers would have us believe. It's a gift. I wish you would accept that."
    ~ Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood, Kindle Location 242

    "One dance," she said relenting. "Then we go back to our separate corners." 
    "You might enjoy it so much you change your mind about that." I was either going to have to work extra hard for this one or move on to an easier conquest. 
    "And monkeys might fly out my butt, but I wouldn't bet on that either." 
    ~ Timepiece (Hourglass #2) by Myra McEntire, Kindle Location 100 (ARC)

    She was in Italy, with her beautiful boyfriend, on a beautiful night, eating delicious food that melted in her mouth. These were the kinds of moments that you remembered all your life. But it felt like touching only the edge of happiness; every time she looked at Jace, happiness slipped away from her. How could he Jace and not-Jace, all at once? How could you be heartbroken and happy at the same time?
    ~ City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare, pg. 221

    "... immortality is rapidly becoming the third person in our relationship, Alec."
    "Our relationship isn't supposed to have a third person."
    "Exactly."
    ~ City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare, pg. 61



Comments

  1. ahh! all great teasers!! I don't know which i like more!! They're all books I want to read, especially CoLS!!!

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so want to read CoLS. I'm so swamped I can't even start it - know if I do it's over for everything else.

    Nice teasers.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so know what you are talking about, Valerie! So many books and so little time, right?! CoLS is really good though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!