Teaser Tuesday: Never Fall Down, Insurgent, Kill Me Softly, City of Fallen Angels, & Starters


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.   

    The dirt pile in the woods, every day it get bigger. They don't explain, but I figure what they doing. They kill everyone who used to be rich or high ranking. Anyone with education. All the soldier, the teacher, the doctor, the musician. Anyone poor, no problem. World is upside down. Being rich now is no good. Being poor, this can save your life. The list in the black book, that's how they decide who live, who die.
    ~ Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick, pg. 29

    "Are you putting me in time-out or something?" I scowl. That is something the Amity would do: put me in time-out, and then teach me to do cleansing breaths or think positive thoughts.
    ~ Insurgent by Veronica Roth, pg. 57 (ARC)
    "I want to tell you how pretty you are. I want to dance with you," he said. "I want to know why you read plays and which ones are your favorites. I want to hold you on the beach at night; and I want to make you laugh. I want you to like me - that's my nature. That's what I have to resist. It's so much safer when you hate me, Mira. Because if you wanted me, if you loved me, I could take everything from you. Without ever meaning to."
    ~ Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross, Kindle Location 1622 (ARC)

    Jace's eyebrows went up. "Hotter than me?"
    "It could happen," Clary said. "You know, theoretically."
    "Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half, leaving me on one side and you on the other side, forever and tragically parted, but I'm not worried about that, either. Some things," Jace said, with his customary crooked smile, "are just too unlikely to dwell upon."
    ~ City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare, pg. 61 (eBook)

    He looked at me with such intensity I thought his eyes were going to smoke. The he leaned closer and put his hand around my neck, pulling me to him. I felt his breath on my face - it instantly gave me chills - right before he kissed me.
    ~ Starters by Lissa Price, pg. 226



Comments

  1. Never Fall Down sounds heart-wrenching! Starters was my favorite teaser though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never Fall Down is a story about the Khmer Rouge and their reign over Cambodia. It's haunting and tragic, but an important book to remind us of history.

      Delete
  2. I like all your teasers here! We are both looking forward to reading Insurgent.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/05/tuesday-teasers-3-this-week.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!