Waiting on Wednesday: Such Wicked Intent


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on. . . 

Such Wicked Intent (The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein #2)
By: Kenneth Oppel
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: August 21, 2012



Devotion turns deadly in this second Gothic thriller from Kenneth Oppel.

When does obsession become madness? Tragedy has forced sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein to swear off alchemy forever. He burns the Dark Library. He vows he will never dabble in the dark sciences again—just as he vows he will no longer covet Elizabeth, his brother’s betrothed.

If only these things were not so tempting.When he and Elizabeth discover a portal into the spirit world, they cannot resist. Together with Victor’s twin, Konrad, and their friend Henry, the four venture into a place of infinite possibilities where power and passion reign. But as they search for the knowledge to raise the dead, they unknowingly unlock a darkness from which they may never return.



Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to this one as well. I enjoyed This Dark Endeavor so much! Great pick.

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mesmerized by book one. It was so unique compared to the other YA stuff out there.

      Delete
  2. This is new to me..i need to go check out book one because this sounds creepy good! Thanks for sharing. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check out my review of This Dark Endeavor (book one) if you need more convincing. I LOVED it.

      Delete
  3. Why have I not heard of this series before? I need to find This Dark Endeavor soon. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21-hell-on-wheels.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a wonderful read - especially if you're into Frankenstein or Gothic novels.

      Delete
  4. I bought a copy of This Dark Endeavour months ago, but oddly, I still haven't read it yet despite the great reviews. I'll definitely have to read it before Such Wicked Intent is released!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!