Teaser Tuesday: Charlotte Markham & The House of Darkling, The Iron Queen, Starling, Being Friends with Boys, What's Left of Me, & The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Winter finally descended upon Blackfield a few days later. The barren branches of the forest became gloved in white snow, stretched out beneath the pale gray sky and arranged around the glass shores of the lake in a frozen ballet bereft of movement or song, dormant until spring, when the ice would melt and stream off of them, their forms glistening from the extended concentration of holding a single pose all season long.

~ Charlotte Markham and the House of Darkling by Michael Boccacino, pg. 212



"Flashes," the oracle said, waving her hand dismissively. "The far-future is a constantly changing wave, always in motion, never certain. The story changes with every breath. Every decision we make sends it down another path. But...." She narrowed her hollow eyes at me. "There is one constant in your future, child, and that is pain. Pain and emptiness, for your friends, the ones you hold dearest to your heart, are nowhere to be seen."

~ The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa, audio version



Fennrys crouched on his haunches, huddled under the Hellgate bridge trestle waiting for the dawn, or his sanity, to return. He needed one or the other, something that would shine a light on his darkness and banish the things that go bump -- and thrash, and chase, and kill -- in the night.

~ Starling by Lesley Livingston, pg. 80 (ARC)



He peers down on me with this look on his face that makes me feel ... I don't know. Valued. Or more like ... treasured. Or something. But then he turns and faces the street, squares his shoulders, and starts us down again, arm in arm.

~ Being Friends with Boys by Terra Elan McVoy, pg. 52



Our body felt incredibly empty. Hollow. Too Big. Of course it was too big. Our body had always held two. Now there was only one.

~ What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang, pg. 64 (ARC)



When I was awake, I barely thought about Jude. And when I dreamed - it wasn't exactly pleasant.

~ The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, pg. 113 (Nook Edition)


Comments

  1. Oh, I really like the Starling one! :)

    ~Ali

    My Tease

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starling does sound a like a great read!

      Delete
    2. I'm almost half-way and I'm really enjoying it! I think everyone will be in for a real treat with Starling! And if you've read Lesley's Wondrous Strange trilogy...you'll recognize Fennrys!! Yes...THE FENNRYS!! ;)

      Delete
  2. oh wow the Iron Queen one is just depressing! I've yet to read that one and the Iron Knight and now I'm scared!

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOHHH!!! The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight were seriously EPIC!!! My most favourite books on the planet! But DO have tissues handy!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh how I loved The Iron Queen!! Great choice for a teaser.

    Here's my TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Valerie!! Me too!! The Iron Queen is an all-time favourite!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great teasers! I loved the Unbecoming! I finished it last night at 2am! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dying to get to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! I've heard it is awesome!

      Delete
  5. Great teasers :) My fav is the first one, great writing style, so I'll add it on my tbr list :) Happy reading everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished that book late last night - its fabulous!

      Delete
  6. Ooh! What's Left of Me sounds intriguing! Here's my TT blog for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the teasers!! Great imagery with The House of Darkling. I haven't heard of What's Left of Me, it sounds intense.
    Thanks for dropping by my teaser:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. All the teasers are so great! I especially like the one from The Iron Queen because I haven't read that one yet. I also liked the one from What's Left of Me. It's one of the books I really want to read so badly.
    Thanks for stopping by! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome teasers, guys! LOVE The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! Enjoy your reads. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cannot wait to read a few of these
    here is my TT http://inthekitchenandonthecouch.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Starling teaser! Can't wait to read that one!!! Also very excited for What's Left of Me, but these are all great teasers!

    Here's my teaser. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm REALLY enjoying Starling! I can't wait for everyone to read it!!

      Delete
  12. The Charlotte Markham one is so descriptive and poignant. I loved it. I also love The Iron Queen and Mara Dyer! I have Being Friends With Boys, but I haven't read it yet. Sounds like I need to!

    Great teasers, all around!

    ~Thanks for stopping by Better Read Than Dead

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eee love the one from What's Left of Me! I'm so excited for that book :D the description in the first one is so beautiful, too :) great teasers! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome teasers! I still need to read The Iron Fey series, and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.... so much to read, but all the teasers are super awesome, thanks for sharing and stopping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all HIGHLY recommend The Iron Fey series!! And I've heard nothing but great things about Mara Dyer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!