Teaser Tuesday: Confessions of an Angry Girl, Florence, Of Poseidon, & The Space Between


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


It took only two days for teachers to stop looking at me like some sort of pathetic freak. Which is exactly what Peter said would happen, when I was complaining to him about starting high school barely three months after burying our dad. What was left of him, anyway.

~ Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett, Kindle Location 79 (Galley Edition)



His purple eyes stared at me and I lowered my gaze. "If that's true, sire, then everything in your world has a devastating beauty," I replied. My eyes focused on a faint silver star between his collarbones. His shoulders had silver freckles. Stardust. I wanted to reach out and touch those freckles .... wanted to shape them into constellations. Would have, too - had I been that sort of girl.

~ Florence by Ciye Cho, Kindle Location 1152



I SMACK into him as if shoved from behind. He doesn't budge, not an inch. Just holds my shoulders and waits. Maybe he's waiting for me to find my balance. Maybe he's waiting for me to gather my pride. I hope he's got all day.

~ Of Poseidon by Anna Banks, pg. 1



"Love you," he says again, louder. And I've only ever heard that word coming from the television. Not from someone's actual mouth, not talking about me.

~ The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff, pg. 38


Comments

  1. Oooh! Such great teasers. I have only read Of Poseidon, which means I have to check all the others out.

    My Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Confessions of an Angry Girl! Its worth the read if you enjoy contemporaries.

      Delete
    2. I'm really enjoying Of Poseidon! It's really FUN!

      Delete
  2. I LOVED Of Poseidon! So good. That teaser is a fab choice.

    Here's my TT

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read that one. Michele's teaser makes it sound like a book I'd love.

      Delete
    2. Valerie, Of Poseidon is such a fun book!! It's light and funny! I think you'd like it Andrea!

      Delete
  3. Well dag it, I am that type of girl! Very nice teaser :)
    Here's mine:

    http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently read Florence, too, and I thought it was beautiful! I always love reading teasers from the Larks :). Thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to check out my teasers here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela. The teasers are one of my favorite features. Its nice to know others enjoy them as well. I'm off to check out yours for the week.

      Delete
  5. I think I need to check out Florence too! And they have purple-eyes in Of Poseidon! Must be a 'mermaid' thing...I haven't read too many of these books yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Florence sounded fabulous after hearing Jen talk about it AND seeing her teaser. It's on my TBR list for sure.

      Delete
  6. I like Andrea's and Michael's best.

    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teasers-gone-missing-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My read this week is really good. I will probably finish it up tonight. I can't seem to leave it for long.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!