Waiting on Wednesday: Rift


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.
This week I am waiting on. . . 

Rift
By: Andrea Cremer
Publisher: Philomel
Release Date: August 7, 2012


The Larks are all really excited about this upcoming release; a prequel to the highly successful Nightshade Trilogy.

Chronicling the rise of the Keepers, this is the stunning prequel to Andrea Cremer's internationally bestselling Nightshade trilogy!

Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.

With action, adventure, magic, and tantalizing sensuality, this book is as fast-paced and breathtaking as the Nightshade novels.



Comments

  1. I need to finish the Nightshade series but I really want this one! I love the cover a the premise of the book. Great pick this week if you have a moment here if MY WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read Nightshade yet but, I have heard some really great things about this one! Awesome choice!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nightshade. I can't wait to read this book! Great pick.

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really didn't like the Nightshade series! I hated the first book!~

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that! It's one of my favorite series. To each his own... :)

      Delete
  5. I've seen some teasers from this one and it sounds fabulous!!!

    Here's my version of WoW

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. confession time...I haven' read any of Cremer's books. But I've heard amazing hings about then. MAybe I should! Great pick! Check out My WOW?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Nightshade series, and I can't wait to get started on the prequel.

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/#!/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-30-dark-light.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! I'm really excited for Rift since I loved the Nightshade books! :)

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!