Character Interview: Noah from Live Through This


I was so excited to have the chance to work with Mindi Scott and Noah on this character interview. I loved Live Through This and Noah; you can check out my review here. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that one day Noah will get to be the main character in a novel. (Hint, hint, Mindi!)

Andrea @ Reading Lark: What's the best part of living in Kenburn, Washington?

Noah: The best thing about Kenburn is that we have this really cool thing called an on-ramp. You can drive your car on to it and then you'll find yourself on the highway. The highway leads to the freeway. The freeway leads to the airport. And the airport leads to everywhere that isn't Kenburn. So, yeah. That's what I like best.

Andrea @ Reading Lark: You and Coley are such good friends. What about her enticed you to start your friendship?

Noah: Honestly, it would've taken a lot more effort for me to not be friends with Coley since our families are super tight and we're in the same grade. She's my favorite, though, so I'm glad we've been stuck together forever. 

Andrea @ Reading Lark: Do you have a celebrity look-a-like? If so, who is it?

Noah: Someone once told that I look like a young Jake Gyllenhaal. Like how he looked in that old Jennifer Aniston movie, The Good Girl. Other than the fact that my hair and clothes are better, and I don't have the peach-fuzz mustache and uni-brow going on, I'd say that's a decent comparison.

Andrea @ Reading Lark: What are your top three favorite songs?

Noah:
"Tik Tok" by Ke$sha (smart lyrics + stellar singing = win.)
"Whistle" by Flo Rida (so subtle that first graders can't even guess that it isn't really about whistling.)
"Lovesong" by the Cure (impossible to listen to without hitting "replay" over and over again.)

By the way, I'm serious only about one of these being a favorite of mine. I'll let you puzzle out which.

Andrea @ Reading Lark: What is your most embarrassing moment?

Noah: What is a moment, really? A measure of time. Is it longer than a second? Around a minute? I've never actually known. But, hey. Are you aware that in England, they call fourteen days "a fortnight"? Why not just say "two weeks," is my thinking. Anyway. Did you say you have more questions for me or . . . ?

Andrea @ Reading Lark: What's your advice for surviving high school drama? 

Noah: Ignore, ignore, ignore. Also, turn everything into a joke. Also, hang out with Coley Sterling because she makes everything better. On second thought, forget that last thing. I have more than enough competition for her attention these days.

Andrea @ Reading Lark: Why do you think people should take the time to read Live Through This?

Noah: Where else are you going to get the full scoop about my fake first kiss? Also, since you won't be spending time with Coley yourself (see my answer to question 6), this will be your only chance to get to know how awesome she is.

Comments