Teaser Tuesday: The Diviners, Broken, Crewel, & Reached


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Memphis sat in the graveyard, near a headstone that read EZEKIEL TIMOTHY. BORN 1821. DIED FREE 1892. He lit the lantern he kept secreted inside the knothole of a sheltering oak and set to work on a new poem. She wears her grief like a coat of feathers too heavy for flight. He crossed out heavy, wrote weighted instead, then decided that was downright pretentious and put heavy back in.

~ The Diviners by Libba Bray, pg. 164 



I'm dead, Em. I don't want you to keep dying inside for me. "I don't want it either." Saying goodbye is like losing him all over again. My chest is a mass of hurt. My throat burns, and eyes brim with tears. "Help me let you go. Please, Daniel. I love you, always will, but I have to say goodbye." He smiles through the red coursing his face. A cool breeze blows a kiss on my cheek, damp with my tears. His voice is soft, sad and resigned. You just did. Open your eyes...

~ Broken by A.E. Rought, pg. 46 (Galley Edition)



She saunters into my cell in a long black gown, holding a lit cigarette. Light streams in from the hallway and outlines her sculpted silhouette. It's how I imagine death will come to me: overdressed and smoking.

~ Crewel by Gennifer Albin, pg. 106



The Pilot sings it slow, and sad. 
The Society is dying, is dead.
Tears stream down my cheeks. In spite of myself, I find that I am crying for the Society, for its end. For the death of what did keep some of us safe for a very long time.

~ Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie, pg. 96 (ARC Edition)


Comments

  1. I am very curious to see how Reached wraps up everything and I love that teaser! Great picks guys!

    My TT

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first and third teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, shoot. My TBR pile just increased by 3 books! (Because "Reached" was already on it.)

    Here's my teaser: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-blue-is-for-nightmares.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! The Diviners is an amazing read and one of my new favorites.

      Delete
  4. Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by the Nest and checking out our teasers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!