Teaser Tuesday: Falling Together, Ember, Daughter of the Forest, & Liesl and Po


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Pen would not use the word summoned when she told Jamie about the e-mail later that night. Additionally, she would not say that the e-mail dropped like a bowling ball into the pit of her stomach, and at the same time fell over her like a shining wave, sending arcs of sea spray up to flash in the sun, even though that is precisely how it felt.

~ Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos, pg. 1



I try to be happy, but I'm severely distracted by the return of an old friend, the Grim Reaper. The last time he showed up, he ruined my life.

~ Ember by Jessica Sorensen, pg. 122



Then I felt the warmth of his cloak as he laid it around my shoulders, very carefully so his hands scarcely touched me. It felt good, very good. I had not realized how cold I was, out in the morning frost in my gown and indoor slippers. It was as if he the cloak passed the warmth of his body to mine.

~ Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier, pg. 258



Liesl knew then that Po had been lying; The ghost did miss the Living Side. She understood then, too, that everyone drowns differently, and that for everyone - even ghosts - there is a different kind of air.

~ Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver, pg. 141

Comments

  1. I was scrolling down through your blog looking for your Fur & Fangs hop and the cover for Ember caught my eye. Then I read the teaser and immediately headed to Goodreads to find out more about it. I LOVE Grim Reaper books. Thanks for that teaser.

    Also, I loved The Daughter of The Forest. That series is one of my all time favorites. I love the way Juliet Marillier writes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seeing that...Juliet Marillier is amazing!

      Delete
    2. So glad you enjoyed the Ember teaser! It had some really interesting new mythology to dig into. My review for it will be up on 15th October. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow so many teasers. I like the one about grim reaper best.

    mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/teaser-tuesday-to-kill-a-mockingbird/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading Ember too! Jessica Sorensen has definitely improved from her times of writing the first book in The Fallen Star series! I totally think the book should be released in physical form, just so I can add it to my book collection ;P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!