Book Boyfriend: Keirran


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well. 

My Book Boyfriend: Keirran from The Lost Prince 
(Call of the Forgotten #1) by Julie Kagawa

**SPOILERS WILL BE INCLUDED** 

Keirran's Appearance:

"The other combatant was smaller, slighter, and not wearing any armor as he danced around the much larger knight.  He looked about my age, with bright silver hair tied back in a ponytail and an elegant curved blade in his hand." ~ p. 165 (netgalley) The Lost Prince

"The eyes under his silver brows were far too bright, a piercing ice-blue that made my skin crawl.  He was fey, and gentry, that much was certain.  I didn't need to see the tips of his pointed ears to know that." ~ p. 165 (netgalley) The Lost Prince

"I saw the gleam of a too-bright eye, the flash of perfectly white teeth as he grinned at me."
 ~ p. 182 (netgalley) The Lost Prince


Facts about Keirran:

~ Keirran is the son of the Iron Queen, Meghan Chase and the former prince of the Winter Court, Ash.

~  It was prophesized by the Oracle that Keirran will have the power to either unite or destroy the courts and the Nevernever.

~ Because faeries age at a different pace than humans, and time in Faery passes at a different rate than in the human world, Keirran looks about the same age as Ethan...17.

~  Keirran is Ethan's nephew.  

~ He is an expert swordman like his father, Ash, and possesses the same inhuman gracefulness while wielding his sword.

~ Keirran has Meghan's determination and compassion.

~  Keirran is unique in that he is fey but is 3/4 human with iron, summer and winter mixed into his blood.  He is immune to the effects of iron.

~  Razor is Keirran's constant companion.

~ Keirran is in love with Annwyl, a summer faerie...a faerie forbidden to him.

Quotes From / About Keirran:

"You know of what I speak.  And you have a decision to make, Iron Queen.  What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.  I have seen it.  I know one of these will come to pass."  ~ p. 25 (e-novella) Iron's Prophecy

"The faery grinned.  "That wasn't very friendly of me," he said in a surprisingly soft, clear voice.  "And here I thought I was dropping by to introduce myself."   He stood, easily balanced on the rails, still smiling.  "But, if you're so sold on me putting centipedes in your bed, I'm sure I can find a few." ~ p. 183 (netgalley) The Lost Prince

"Not to brag, but I'm sort of an expert at getting into and out of places unseen." ~ p. 184 (netgalley) The Lost Prince

"Keirran--this faery before me--was Ash and Meghan's son.  How had I not figured it out before?  Everything fit together:  his human blood, his Iron glamour, even the familiar expressions on his face.  They were familiar because I'd seen them before.  On Meghan, I could see the resemblance now; his eyes, hair, and facial features--they were all my sister's.  But Ash's shadow hovered there as well, in his jaw, his stance, the way he moved. ~ p. 225 (netgalley) The Lost Prince

"Annwyl, darling," The Exile Queen's tone made the fey girl cringe, and Keirran moved to stand protectively beside her.  ~ p. 225 (netgalley) The Lost Prince

Why Would Keirran Be My Book Boyfriend?

The answer is so easy...he's Ash's son and everyone knows how much I LOVE Ash, and this might very well be a case where the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!  Seriously, he possesses the very best traits of both Meghan and Ash--where Ash is more reserved, he also has Meghan's humour and playfulness (when appropriate).  He has the same fierceness and determination to overcome insurmountable odds and he loves with the same passion that both his parents have shown.  He appears able to see both sides of a complex conflict and do what he believes is the right thing to do, even if it isn't popular with others.  He has a boyish streak in him too...a devilish smile that would melt hearts...and he wields a sword.  'Nuff said!

Who Would Be My Perfect Keirran?

Keirran's other-worldly appearance is hard to tie to a celebrity that we all know, but I sort of think of him looking very much like Ash with his sharp features but with the silvery blonde hair that Meghan possesses.  Ben Barnes still comes to mind when I think of Ash, or perhaps, Tyler Blackburn with ice-blue eyes and bright, silvery hair??  Hmmm....


Comments