Cover Crazy: Origin


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. 


I have always thought this was a pretty cover, but after falling in love with the story it contains, I had to use it for this feature. The cover truly captures the wild beauty of the novel. I love that Pia is a blank figure. It allowed me to envision her as I saw fit. I didn't have any preconceived notions of what she looked like or who she was before I began reading. It was nice to create her from my imagination and not have to see her as someone else imagined. The placement of the title intrigues me; it is unusual and fairly unique. You also can't tell this from looking at it, but the leaves are slightly raised when you touch the cover. I loved that it the cover included texture to help set it apart from other novels. I also love that the figure is holding an orchid. Orchids are so crucial to the plot. There is also a lot of symbolism behind Pia being the one to hold the flower. If you can't tell, I absolutely love this book and its cover. READ IT. What are your thoughts on this cover?



Comments