A truly unfortunate thing came to pass in July. As many of you know, The Bad Beginning, the first novel in the Series of Unfortunate Events was re-released by HarperCollins. I was most unfortunate when the publisher emailed asking Reading Lark to participate in the Dire Day event. It was such a dreadful thing, but I felt compelled to agree. As luck should have it, these horrid books had quite the adventure. They never made it to my doorstop in July. Instead, they traveled from New York to Seattle, where they sat perched on the steps of my former home, seemingly abandoned. Someone forgot to tell the books that I had moved away. After another trek across the United States, the foul pages ended back in the hands of HarperCollins - their efforts to rid themselves of the pesky pests had backfired. In the end, the books finally reached me. What to do with these things? It would be unfortunate to keep them all for myself....
I wracked my brain for hours trying to think of a sensible solution to get rid of the dreadful tomes. A plan took shape:
- Phase One: Hand out copies to children at the Literacy Carnival. How wicked indeed to receive a book when your sweet tooth clamors for a treat?!??!
- Phase Two: Gift a copy to each of the students in my homeroom before Winter Break.
- Phase Three: Offer up SEVEN copies to Reading Lark readers.
- Phase Four: Donate any remaining copies to classroom libraries in local elementary and middle schools.
So, dear readers, if you're the brave sort, I challenge you to enter to win your very own copy of The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket. All
goodies horrible novels were provided by HarperCollins.
* You must be 13+ years old.
* You must be a US or Canadian resident to win
* You must fill out the Rafflecopter form
The giveaway runs from December 17-26. The winner will be notified via email on December 27.