Book BFF: Skye Parker


Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays.

Skye from the A Beautiful Dark series by Jocelyn Davies

My ideal Skye Parker would be Phoebe Tonkin. Check out Phoebe's IMDB page to see if she fits your vision too.

Appearance:
* Long Black Hair
* Eyes are nickel gray most days, but occasionally they flash pure silver
* Pale Skin

Facts About Skye:
* Lives in River Springs, Colorado
* Spends a lot of time at the local coffee shop, Love the Bean
* Cassie and Dan are her best friends
* Her parents were killed in a car wreck when she was little
* Lives with Aunt Jo, her guardian, who was her mother's best friend
* Her friend, Ian, has a major crush on her
* Her mom used to make her a "woefully lopsided cake from Funfetti mix" every year for her birthday
* Loves to ski
* Stylish dresser
* Takes runs to clear her head
* Her bedroom has a bay window, pale blue walls, and a cream colored jersey comforter
* Wants to attend college at Columbia

Quotes:
"It was getting hot in there, too loud, too crowded. I never did well with small spaces and large gatherings. I wanted to be on the slopes, skiing, with the exhilaration of the bracing wind rushing over my face. That was where I always wanted to be." ~ Skye, A Beautiful Dark, Kindle Location 98

"Skye Parker, when are you going to stop looking at the world in black and white?" ~ Asher to Skye, A Beautiful Dark, Kindle Location 539

I'd watched too many police dramas to believe in coincidence. The girl who believed in coincidence almost always ended up dead. ~ A Beautiful Dark, Kindle Location 556

"Your powers are sporadic and choppy so far - and none of us know how they'll develop - if they continue to at all. Not for nothing, Skye, but I think they will." He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "I think you're strong." I shivered. Asher got quiet, nuzzling in, and I felt him bury his face in my hair. ~ Asher to Skye, A Beautiful Dark, Kindle Location 2643

A tiny buzz of electricity thrummed and grew stronger where our skin touched. My powers always seemed to generate heat whenever I felt emotional ... ~ A Fractured Light, pg. 14 

Why She's My Book BFF:

Skye reminds me so much of myself at times. She has such strength and ability, but she doesn't always see herself clearly. I love that her heart drives her decisions. She truly wants the best for her friends and family. I also love that Skye is goal oriented and driven. She doesn't back down once she has her eyes set on something. Another reason why she's my Book BFF is I'd love to be able to visit her in Colorado and get some ski lessons. Finally, I love that throughout the course of this series, she has learned to stand up for herself and forge her own destiny.


Comments