Cover Crazy: Between The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a meme that was started by The Book Worms. 


There is so much about this cover that I adore. I love the mood it conjures; the dark colors, fog, and cliff set up a delicious dark tension. I love stories set in gloomy, seaside towns. The atmosphere of this cover is almost palpable. The textures bring a life like quality to the artwork. I can't figure out if the couple is meeting for a romantic tryst or something sinister. My eye is also drawn to the font of the title - I love it! I am also intrigued that the word devil is in red; it screams for your full attention. This is a novel I can't wait to get my hands on!

What are your thoughts on this cover?



Comments