Book Review: Blood Yellow

Blood Yellow
(The Blood Series #2)
Published by: XoXo Publishing
Release Date: Coming Soon!
(Stay tuned to Ms. Nemer's website and facebook for more details on the release date.)
Source: ARC Provided by Author
Genre: Paranormal Fiction, Clean Adult

My Thoughts:
Blood Yellow is the continuation of Ashley Nemer’s debut novel, Blood Purple. It is the second in her Blood series. After just finishing the book, the one thought in my mind right now is WOW. Ms. Nemer has grown so much as a writer from the first to the second book. The plot got deeper, the characters more developed, the story more addictive. The first half of the book dealt with the aftermath of the events in Blood Purple. The more I read, the more hooked I became. By the time I got to the half-way point, I didn’t want to put the book down. While the story is definitely about Ms. Nemer’s own class of vampires, it is much more about family and about the fight for power within this specific family, than anything else. Her strength as a writer is definitely character development.


I was surprised to find myself really liking the bad guys; this seems to be a special talent of Ms. Nemer’s, making the bad guys feel just as reachable and identifiable as the heroes. I was relieved in the growth of both brother and sister, Zayn and Nikole, as they became stronger characters. They truly grew into a hero and heroine the reader could love as they faced their own actions and the events caused by them, and prepared for what the future may hold for them. Just like with Blood Purple, my favorite part of the story was the family dynamics. I absolutely loved how Zayn and Nikole interacted, how Nasir became a more integral part of their family, and how Adara made a place for herself. This holds true as well for the family dynamic between Haydar and Leigh. This evil duo of a father/daughter relationship is one that the reader will love to hate. 

My final thoughts as I finished the last chapter were Nooo! Don’t end it there! I want more… I need more! I can’t wait to see what Ms. Nemer has in store for us with Blood Green.  



Synopsis:
The lines are drawn, and Zayn and Nikole must face each other in a battle of forgiveness and power. Each attempting to right their wrongs, each battling their own inner demons.

Haydar and Leigh prepare for war, rounding their men and setting into motion courses that cannot be undone.

The tales will fall in line as the four of them come face to face with each other, and they will watch loved ones perish.

When the dust settles and dawn breaks, who's going to be left standing and who will be missing? Will Nikole forgive Zayn for his betrayal? Will Leigh and Haydar overcome their differences? Will Adara say yes?

Blood Yellow...Because the storie's only just begun....

Comments