Waiting on Wednesday: Shadowlark


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where she spotlights upcoming releases.

This week I am waiting on. . . 

Shadowlark
By: Meagan Spooner
Publisher: Carolrhoda Lab
Release Date: October 1, 2013


Skylark was one of the most inventive and fresh feeling books that I read last year. It was a total mash up of genres... In my review, I described it as "a sci-fi adventure, which turned into a steampunk mystery, and then a horror with a fair dollop of fantasy." So I have virtually no idea what the sequel will hold. All I can say is that I am expecting to be surprised, and I love that! 


Ever since she escaped the city within the Wall, Lark Ainsley's wanted one thing: to find her brother Basil. She's always believed he would be the one to put an end to the constant fear and flight. And now, hidden underground in the chaotically magical city of Lethe, Lark feels closer to him than ever.

But Lethe is a city cowering in fear of its founder, the mysterious Prometheus, and of his private police force. To get the truth about what happened to Basil, Lark has no choice but to face Prometheus.

Facing her fears has become second nature to Lark. Facing the truth is another matter.

Lark never asked to be anyone's savior. She certainly never wanted to be anyone's weapon. She might not have a choice.


Comments

  1. I still haven't read the first book, but I from the sounds of this one I really need too. Sounds great! Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the first book, but I want to! It just keeps sounding better.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Been seeing this one around lately. Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't even read book one yet! This series has me really excited though! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!