Book BFF: Jordan Woods
Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays.
Jordan Woods from the Hundred Oaks Series by Miranda Kenneally
* Jordan Woods is the main character in Catching Jordan, but she has small moments in the other listed novels.
* Jordan is over six feet tall and weighs 170 pounds
* She is incredibly fit and athletic
* She often wears her hair in a ponytail
* Jordan is a tomboy and rarely stresses about clothes, hair, or makeup
* She prefers to wear jeans and tees or sweats
Facts About Jordan:
* Jordan is the quarterback for her high school football team in Hundred Oaks, Tennessee
* Her best friend is Sam Henry
* Jordan wants to play football for the University of Alabama
* She is the daughter of Donovan Woods, Quarterback for the Tennessee Titans
* Jordan's mom is supportive of her football career, but her father is not
* Jordan's older brother, Mike, plays football for the University of Tennessee
* Sam Henry was her first kiss during a game of seven minutes in heaven
* Jordan is also a great swimmer. In fact, Ty even calls her Michael Phelps during one of their races.
* Jordan writes in her journal while hiding in the garden shed.
* Henry frequently stays over for dinner
* She drives a Dodge Ram that she received for her 16th birthday from her Dad
* She has a fluffy white duvet on her bed
* She has a lake next to her house named after her
* Jordan's journal is a Moleskine
* She is a poet
Quotes:But I feel like a normal teenager. Well, as normal as I can be. I mean, obviously I think Justin Timberlake is a mega-hunk, but I'm also over six feet tall and can launch a football fifty yards. ~ Catching Jordan, pg. 10
I don't obsess over things that other girls care about, like clothes, movie stars, hair, painting nails, knitting, or whatever shit they're into.
I just want to eat a bunch of hot wings, sleep, play ball, and maybe, someday, make out with Ty.
~ Catching Jordan, pg. 50
"You're going to have your pick of scholarships. Imagine it. You'll be the first girl to every play QB at the collegiate level." ~ Mike to Jordan, Catching Jordan, pg. 33
I'm Jordan Woods. I lead a sixty-person football team, and I've been letting everyone else shape me. I want to be a rock again. ~ Catching Jordan, pg. 254
But Jordan saw me even when I thought I was invisible. And she's strong and does what she feels is right. And besides all the sexist jerks out there, no one has a problem with her going after her goals and dreams of playing quarterback in college. ~ Things I Can't Forget, pg. 228
Why She's My Book BFF:
I am a huge football fan. A part of me always wanted to don some shoulder pads and try my luck on the field, but I was always too chicken and too concerned with what other people would think. Jordan doesn't have any such qualms. She doesn't care what other people think about her choices. I also love how courages Jordan is when obstacles interfere with her goals. She's goal oriented, loyal, and a great friend. I also was always more comfortable with guy friends so Jordan and I have that trait in common. I also would love to hang out with her and watch football. Jordan also isn't afraid to tell people like it is - I appreciate her honesty.