Teaser Tuesday: The Rising, Ready Player One, You Are Mine, Starling, & The Iron Traitor


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


I wasn't the only supernatural kid in our tiny town. In fact, Salmon Creek seemed to have been built as a petri dish to resurrect extinct supernatural types. Project Phoenix.

~ The Rising (Darkness Rising #3) by Kelley Armstrong, pg. 4




Everyone my age remembers where they were, and what they were doing, when they first heard about the contest. I was sitting in my hideout watching cartoons when the news bulletin broke in on my video feed announcing that James Halliday had died during the night. 

 I’d heard of Halliday, of course. Everyone had.

~ Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Prologue




His hand reaches up and brushes my face. Flecks of gold are mixed with the green of his eyes. Suddenly, he scoops me into his arms and plops me on his lap. I yelp. "Sorry, I guess I should have warned you first."

~ You Are Mine by Janeal Falor, Kindle Location 2041




"He doesn't remember anything?" 
Mason shook her head. "Not really." 
"Wow. That's weird, Starling." 
"No, Heather. What's weird is that he appeared in the middle of a storm and saved us from monsters," Mason said drily. 
"That was weird. Everything else that's happened since then? I'm just kinda going with it."

~ Starling by Lesley Livingston, pg. 250

Goodreads



The thin man turned back, visible again, and I realized he hadn't disappeared at all, only that he was really, really thin. Like the edge of a paper thin.

~ The Iron Traitor (Call of the Forgotten #2) by Julie Kagawa, pg. 85 (ARC)


Comments

  1. Teasers for Perfect Ruin, Starling and The Rising are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice teases!! The second to last one had me very curious!! Already read The Iron Traitor myself and LOVED it! Great picks for teasers!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked The Iron Traitor... the last half anyway....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!