Book Boyfriend: Micah Foster
We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.
Micah from The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
I honestly couldn't think of anyone who could match the image of Micah in my mind.
* Black Mohawk
* Three Tattoos - a noose on his wrist, a Trinity symbol on his neck, and a pyramid on his bicep
* Pierced Eyebrow
* Lola describes him as ridiculously attractive
* Hazel eyes with "reflecting ribbons of green and gold" (Kindle Location 1588)
* Has a slight bend in his nose
* Has a wedge-shaped scar on his right temple
* He typically has some beard stubble
Facts About Micah:
* His father was murdered in a convenience store while Micah was outside in the car; Micah was in elementary school at the time
* He feels like he has to be the support system for his mother and younger sister, Trinity
* He works as a prep cook at Denali, a coffee shop owned by Lainey's parents
* He is a smoker, but he's trying to quit
* He is originally drawn to Lainey's plan to win back her ex because he recently broke up with his girlfriend, Amber
* He drives a lime-green '65 Mustang
* He is an amazing friend with a big heart
* He's a baseball fan and happily roots for the Cardinals
* He sat next to Lainey in fourth and fifth grade
* His room is full of "band posters, mounds of dirty laundry, [and] black sheets taped over the windows." (Kindle Location 845)
* He wants to attend culinary school
He looks over at me again. There's something different about his voice. It's so gentle, so smooth, like rain falling against stained-glass windows. ~ The Art of Lainey, Kindle Location 1004
I roll my eyes. "Why are you acting like Micah is some delicate flower? The dude carries a switchblade..."
"He's a good guy. That's all I'm saying."
~ The Art of Lainey, Kindle Location 1906
His lips part, just barely, when he exhales. As I imagine the invisible mist of his breath hanging in the air, I inch closer to him. Here, in the strange blue light, while the bass pulses and pounds, all I can think about is touching him. Our fingertips brush. A shock wave courses through me. I want to grab him and pull him into my calm spot, closing my eyes and kissing him while the world spins topsy-turvy around us. ~ The Art of Lainey, Kindle Location 2103
He turns me toward the car but my legs are rubber, my feet stuck to the ground. "Hold on to me," he says. Bending down, he loops one arm beneath my knees and picks me up. ~ The Art of Lainey, Kindle Location 2702
Micah laughs under his breath. "All the ladies love the mohawk." Turning to me, he lowers his chin so the top of his head is in my face. "You can touch it, now that I'm prepared." ~ The Art of Lainey, Kindle Location 2742
Why He's My Book Boyfriend:
Micah was an unexpected leading man. Seriously, I never thought my heart would swoon for a guy with a mohawk and numerous tattoos. Underneath that bad boy exterior, there is a lot to Micah. He's charming, hilarious, and truly cares about his family and friends. I truly believe he would do anything to protect the ones he loves. I also enjoyed Micah's taste in music and dates. He will truly make you reconsider judging someone based solely on looks; appearances can be deceiving. I also loved that he was different from most of the other book boyfriends I have had in the past. Micah will certainly stand out in my memory for some time to come. I would reread this novel multiple times just to spend more time with him.