Teaser Tuesday: The Strange Maid, Crash Into You, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, & Unremembered


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


I stop, though, to stare up at the brilliant stars. They're thick as spilled salt in the freezing night, and without being told I recognize the Milk Path for the first time. A sliver moon hardly disrupts the glorious heavens, and I'm dizzy as I stare at it all, at the huge arc of sky, because there's more stars than earth and for a moment I don't think anything is real except those billions of tiny lights.

~ The Strange Maid (The United States of Asgard #2) by Tessa Gratton, Kindle Location 638 (ARC)




"What's going to happen to us?" I ask. Because I don't know how the two of us can continue forward. Isaiah refuses to let me in. It's sort of cruel. He's brought me close with his stories of his childhood and with his words of love, but he can't relinquish control. I refuse to be with someone who won't treat me as an equal.

~ Crash Into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry, pg. 406




Incidentally, Sam has brown hair and very very pretty green eyes. The kind of green that doesn't make a big deal about itself. I would have told you that sooner, but under the stadium lights, everything looked kind of washed out. It wasn't until we went to the Big Boy, and Sam and Patrick started to chain-smoke that I got a good look at her.

~ The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, pg. 19




"I know you won't believe anything I say," the boy continues, pulling my attention back to him. "And I know you're going to try to talk yourself out of whatever you're feeling right now. That's simply the way you are. But I also know the memory is in there somewhere. I'm in there somewhere."

~ Unremembered by Jessica Brody, pg. 54 


Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!