Book Boyfriend: Isaiah Walker


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.


My Book Boyfriend:  Isaiah Walker
Crash Into You
by Katie McGarry



Isaiah's Appearance (From Rachel's Perspective):

"The other one, the guy they call Isaiah, doesn't freak me out, though he should.  Tattoos decorate his arms and two silver hoops hang in each ear.  He turns from a black Mustang and pins me with his gaze.  He reminds me of a high school version of Gavin's friend Kyle, an Army Ranger.  Well, minus the piercings.  Isaiah shares the same rugged, strong build, dark hair buzzed close to his scalp and a five o'clock shadow lining his jaw.  He's a muscular thick.  Like a jaguar.

What I like about him is his eyes.  They're serious.  Too serious.  And they're gray.  Gray and mesmerizing." ~ p. 44, Crash Into You


Some Facts About Isaiah:

~ Isaiah is 17 and has been in foster care since he was six because his mother was sent to jail.

~ He never knew his father.

~ Okay with his foster parents, he currently lives with his best friend Noah in a run down, rat-infested apartment...barely making ends meet.

~ Isaiah loves cars, and wants to make a living customizing cars post high-school.

~ He's the top student in his auto workshop class.

~ He owns an older model black Mustang.


Quotes From or About Isaiah From Crash Into You (Provided by Goodreads):

“The first moment I saw him, the night people clamored over each other to step out of his way, I was frightened. The guy with earrings and tattoos and an energy radiating danger. Now-inside and out-all I see is beauty.”

~

“Noah and I — we’re brothers despite not sharing blood, and Echo became my sister the day she put a smile on his face. They’re my family and I’m going to fight to keep what’s mine.”

~

“This is who I am, Rachel.  Accept it or not.  The tattoos won’t wash off.  The earrings will never change.  I am who I am and nothing more.  I’m loyal to a chosen few, I always keep my word and I’ll protect you with my life.

“I scare the hell out of most people, but you will never have anything to fear from me.  Choose.  Love me or don’t.  But tell me now.”  Because I can’t leave my heart open for her to rip out later.  If I belong to her, then I do, and nothing will stand in our way.”


Why Is Isaiah My Book Boyfriend?
 
Oh boy...that is a loaded question.  Isaiah is the quintessential bad-boy--he looks like a rebel, walks like a rebel, and acts like a rebel.  Every parents' worst nightmare of boyfriend material for their daughters.  But underneath that tough exterior is a gentle guy capable of putting the needs of those he loves way ahead of his own.  Yes, he's hot...but what makes him hot besides his appearance is his gentleness where Rachel is concerned, and his protective nature.  He'll take on the world for her and has the confidence to see it to the end.  He totally won me over!

Although the book's cover model is a great representation of Isaiah, I couldn't help picturing Greg Finley who plays Drake on the new TV series Star-Crossed as our tatty-covered hero.

Comments