Teaser Tuesday: Falling Into Place, Horns, Sinner, Masquerade, & 100 Sideways Miles


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Usually, soccer allowed her to forget. She fell in love with the sport because of the way it consumed her, swallowed her whole, grabbed all her attention and stored it in a sphere that they chased and kicked and passed between them like a secret. She obsessed over the unpredictability. She was wholly addicted to adrenaline.

~ Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang, Kindle Location 1100 (ARC)




Ig twisted his goatee, nervously considering. He still didn't know if he could do it over a phone, if the influence of the horns could be shot from a radio transmitter and bounced off a satellite. On the other hand, it was a well-known fact that cell phones were tools of the devil.

~ Horns by Joe Hill, pg. 325




It pissed me off when people called common sense a magical power. Because if it counted, I was the most magic creature I knew.

~ Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #3.5) by Maggie Stiefvater, pg. 130




Without realising, Orelia was shaking her head. She had played out this scene many times in her head, but it had never ended like this. "Promise me," her uncle repeated. "I can't," said Orelia, her voice breaking. Her uncle squeezed her hands. "Venice is a stage, Orelia. Pretend for no other reason than to act like everybody else."

~ Masquerade by Kylie Fornasier, Kindle Location 149-151 (ARC)




"How tall are you?" I went completely numb. Then she leaned forward and looked directly at my eyes. "Huh! You have two different-colored eyes. That's beautiful." I couldn't help but look back at her eyes. They were brown. Julia Bishop's eyes were wondrous.

~ 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith, Kindle Location 327 (ARC)


Comments

  1. Nice teasers! Sinner got me laughing again! I love Cole! That was an awesome read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers. Thanks for sharing. Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all, but Horns really stood out to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, I really like Masquerade's teaser!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!