Teaser Tuesday: The Jewel, Please Ignore Vera Dietz, & Promiscuous


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


Sometimes parents try to hide their daughters, or pay off the doctors who test them. The blood test that indicates surrogacy is mandatory for every girl in the Marsh once she reaches puberty. They don't know why only girls from the poorest circle have the strange genetic mutation that causes the Auguries, but the royalty won't let anyone slip through the cracks. If you're caught trying to avoid the test, the sentence is death.

~ The Jewel by Amy Ewing, Kindle Location 436 (ARC)




I could hear our friendship dying right there. Hit by a truck so big, going so fast, there was nothing left. Not a shred of our childhood, not a splinter of our tree house, not a bit of our New Year's Eve kiss. Nothing. Jenny Flick had managed to take from me the only person I ever let in and replace me with beer, sex, and pot.

~ Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King, pg. 54




What happened next was, he pointed to the stuffed horse I was holding and said, "Show me on the horse where Gretchen touched you." I looked at him, then at the adorable, fluffy stuffed horse. Then back at him again. 

I was five, but even then I understood when someone was being a dumb ass.

~ Promiscuous by Isobel Irons, Kindle Location 205


Comments

  1. All three books sound good, but The Jewel really grabbed me for some reason.
    My Teaser is from KEEPING FAITH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Please Ignore Vera Dietz sounds AMAZING. Loved all three!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!