Book Review: The Revenge of Seven

The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies #5)
Published By: HarperCollins
Publication Date: August 26, 2014
Page Count: 371
Source: Purchased by Reviewer
Audience: Young Adult - Science Fiction

I found the title of this book a little misleading... Number Seven, Marina, doesn't get a lot of revenge for the death of Eight. She spends a lot of time moping about and giving off a serious chill to those around her as she loses her temper. She isn't that exciting or militant in this book at all. Thank goodness then for the others! The Garde begin the book immediately after the showdown with Setrakus Ra, split up and more than a little lost... betrayed by Five, with Ella (Ten for all intents and purposes) kidnapped, and Eight dead... they need to regroup. This is the story of The Revenge of Seven. It isn't as full of action as any of the previous installments, but I still enjoyed it. 

I had felt that the story had to end with this book, but The Revenge of Seven added to the mythology quite nicely - I think Ella's journey really pushed the possibilities wide open. I also enjoyed John (Four) as a leader and how he took the first steps towards going public. I found myself quite happy that Sarah was sidelined in this installment... she adds little value to the plot, and generally gets in the way. 

 In all honesty, this was just another great, entertaining, part of the story, and while it wasn't the most action-packed of the books, it really moved the story onwards a lot more than the other books. The next book is definitely the last one and it is shaping up to be a completely epic showdown! I'm really looking forward to it!




The worst was supposed to be over. We were reunited after a decade apart. We were discovering the truth of our past. We were training and getting stronger every day. We were even happy...


We never imagined the Mogodorians could turn one of our own against us. We were fools for trusting Five. And now Eight is lost forever. I would do anything to bring him back, but that's impossible. Instead, I will do whatever it takes to destroy every last one of them.



I've spent my entire life hiding from them, and they've stolen everything away from me. But that stops now. We're going to take the battle to them. We have a new ally who knows their weaknesses. And I finally have the power to fight back.



They caught Number One in Malaysia.



Number Two in England.



Number Three in Kenya.



And Number Eight in Florida.



They killed them all.



I am Number Seven.



I will make them pay.



Comments