Cover Crazy: Paperweight


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


This cover is whimsical in spite of the difficult subject matter. I get a sense of hope and possibility from looking at this one. I love the green back drop and the shapes that seem to be floating from the hand. It looks as if the clouds, birds, and balloons are drawing the hand upward. I wonder why paper is bolded but weight is not. I know from the summary that eating disorders play a part in this one so it would be interesting if the font is lighter on the word weight for this reason. It could illustrate that the character is driven by the need for her weight to become lighter and lighter on the scale. I also find the darker cloud to be intriguing. What is the purpose of the one that stands out? 


Comments