Teaser Tuesday: The Revenge Playbook, Bright Before Sunrise, The Haunting of Sunshine Girl, & The Perks of Being a Wallflower


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.


I force myself to keep putting one foot in front of the other, even though it hurts. With every step comes a flash of a perfect, wonderful moment with Trevor - the time he kissed me in front of the duck pond, the day we came back from Chickasaw Trace Park soaked to the skin because a summer storm crept up on us, the baby rhino picture he emailed me last week because I was at my dad's house and feeling sad. I stomp those memories to pieces. When I reach the parking lot, I'm lost.

~ The Revenge Playbook by Rachael Allen, Kindle Location 247 (ARC)




He's wrong - high school isn't a pyramid with all the power clustered in a chosen few at the top - it's more of a movie theater with twenty-two screens showing simultaneously. The love story in theater three doesn't care what happens on the football field in theater twelve. Actors and audiences overlap on the screen and in the hallways, but there's a place for everyone. If Jonah hasn't found his, that's not my fault.

~ Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt, pg. 95




I never really gave much thought to what happens after we die. Well, not until we moved to Ridgemont and I started sharing a room with a ghostly presence who I'm pretty sure likes to play with my toys.

~ The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie & Alyssa B. Sheinmel, pg. 52




You know...a lot of kids at school hate their parents. Some of them got hit. And some of them got caught in the middle of wrong lives. Some of them were trophies for their parents to show the neighbors like ribbons or gold stars. And some of them just wanted to drink in peace.

~ The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, pg. 17-18


Comments

  1. OOoh nice teasers! Liked that one from The Haunting of Sunshine Girl! Kinda creepy!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We love your comments!