Cover Crazy: The Martian


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


Let's get this over first: Read this book BEFORE the movie comes out in early October. I do love this cover, but I'm writing it a full month before the movie so I can make sure as many of you read it beforehand, because, trust me, this is one where you want to read the book first.

The cover is so simple, but achieves a few things. It's almost all red and dusty, which is exactly how I imagine Mars to be so you know this is a reality-based, Mars martian, not a green skinned sci-fi monster. The positioning of the astronaut on the cover is slightly off center, hands up indicating he may not fully be in control of his movements. It seems desolate and helpless, which is exactly the vibe that fits the novel.

What do you think of this cover?



Comments