Cover Crazy: Some Kind of Courage


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.



First of all, I'm a sucker for anything turquoise and red, it's one of my all-time favorite color combinations, but most of all I love the feelings and curiosity this cover evokes. And I love the simplicity of it, too. The immensity and boundlessness of the sky create opposite feelings of isolation and interconnectedness to the universe. The constellation peaks my curiosity, and the boy looking up at it standing next to the river indicates a link with the Earth theme which I loved in Gemeinhart's previous book.

What do you think of this cover?



Comments