Teaser Tuesday: Water for Elephants, Join, & The Sidekicks


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature, hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat.


But then in your thirties something strange starts to happen. It's a mere hiccup at first, an instant of hesitation. How old are you? Oh, I'm - you start confidently, but then you stop. You were going to say thirty-three, but you're not. You're thirty-five.

~ Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, pg. 7




And Join actually did break the government. Things like Social Security numbers and biometric security all assumed a person had only one body. Lots of programs got snarled up—should all of a join’s drives get benefits or only one? It was clear that regulators had let Join come to market too early, but the jinni was out of the bottle.

~ Join by Steve Toutonghi, Kindle Location 212 (ARC)




I know what he thinks. I'm Ryan Patrick Thomson, Olympic hopeful. That's my mark, but it isn't all of me. There's so much only Isaac knew. The world is a dark place when you're hiding something. Telling Isaac who I liked, when we kissed, how it felt - that was me kicking the door open a smidge to let the light in. He was my light in dark places, and now he's gone.

~ The Sidekicks by Will Kostakis, pg. 33


Comments

Post a Comment

We love your comments!