Cover Crazy: Liberty - The Spy Who (Kind Of) Liked Me


The purpose of Cover Crazy is to feature a cover each week for us to admire its beauty. I really like this idea since there are so many great covers out there! Cover Crazy is a feature that was started by The Book Worms.


Nesting dolls have always been fascinating to me. I love the artwork and the idea that something is hiding inside. When I visited Alaska several years ago, I was excited to see Russian arts and crafts in many of the souvenir shops - including nesting dolls. While the connection between Alaska and Russia was officially severed in 1867 when Alaska was purchased for $7.2 million from the Russian Empire, there still are some cultural ties that have lingered (even if just to lull tourists into spending money). I digress though, the point of my Alaska ramble, was to state that I love nesting dolls and was so excited to see them grace this cover. I love that the doll that is in focus is done in different colors than the other blurry dolls and she appears to happily be looking around. I wanted to add this novel to my TBR list based on the cover alone. It has a cute and fun vibe about it. I'm also fan of the handwriting style font of the title.

What are your thoughts on this cover?


Comments