We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this feature while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.
Peregrine aka Perry from the Under the Never Sky Series by Veronica Rossi
Look for my Book BFF post on Aria on July 18th!
* "The Outsider's torso was almost as dark as his leather pants, his hair a blond Medusa's snarl. Tattoos coiled around his arms. He had the reflective eyes of an animal." (Under the Never Sky, pg. 23)
* He has a large falcon tattoo on his back that spans shoulder to shoulder and patterned bands around each bicep
* "His hair looked like it had never seen a brush. Snarled blond ropes, all uneven in length and color, coiling in every direction. As he'd spoken, she could've sworn she glimpsed teeth that were slightly too canine." (Under the Never Sky, pg. 110)
* He has bright green reflective eyes - they resemble those of a nocturnal animal
* He has scars on his hand that are "pale and thick as trails of wax, they [make] a web from his knuckles to his wrist" (Through the Ever Night, pg. 6)
* In Through the Ever Night, his hair is "shorter, falling in layers that framed his face, so different from the long twisting waves she'd known before." (Through the Ever Night, pg. 11)
Facts About Peregrine :
* Member of the Tides
* Perry is able to taste moods and emotions because he is a Scire
* Perry is also a Seer - he has excellent vision both in the day and night
* He is extremely loyal to his family and friends - in particular Talon, Liv, and Roar
* He has a brief relationship with Brooke
* He sleeps in the loft of his house and watching the Aether through a crack in his ceiling
* He is an excellent hunter, fisherman, and fighter
* Survives an Aether storm with Aria
* He is nineteen years old
* Roar is his best friend
Before he could finish, her arms closed around his neck and they were kissing - a clumsy, hasty kiss. They were both breathing too hard. Smiling too much. Perry wanted to slow down and savor everything, but he couldn't find a scrap of patience. ~ Through the Ever Night, pg. 5
He was a hunter, a warrior. A survivor. More at ease in the borderlands than anyone she knew. ~ Through the Ever Night, pg. 16
He was a Seer, but the real power of his eyes was the keenness of his sight in the darkness. Aria had once called it a mutation - an effect of the Aether that had warped his Sense more than others'. He thought of it more as a curse, a reminder of the Seer mother who'd died bringing him to life.
~ Through the Ever Night, pg. 23
Why He's My Book Boyfriend:
Perry is strong and he fierce. He loves deeply and with his whole heart. Once you have his favor, he will always have your back. I like how he fights for what he believes in - even when it will put his life in danger. Perry always puts the needs of others before his own. He is also incredibly romantic.