Book BFF was created by Larks Andrea, Paula, and Jen to showcase some of our favorite ladies & was originally inspired by Book Boyfriend. We'd love it if you'd join us featuring your favorite Book BFFs and leaving links so we can check out your posts. We will be alternating between Book Boyfriends and Book BFFs on Thursdays.
Aria from the Under the Never Sky Series by Veronica Rossi
* Dark hair that Perry describes as "dark and shiny as raven's feathers" (Under the Never Sky, pg. 27)
* "She was finally made. Thin, dark eyebrows. Pink lips. Skin as smooth as milk." (Under the Never Sky, pg. 27)
* She has gray eyes
Facts About Aria:
* She is an amazing singer. She is classified as a falcon soprano.
* From the pod, Revelry
* She prefers music and art realms
* Aria is an Aud, which means she has better hearing than most people
* She learns from Perry and Roar how to survive outside of the pods
* Her mother calls her Songbird
* She smells like sweet, rare violets to Perry
He shifted closer, tracing the line of her jaw. "You changed the way I think about a lot of things..." ~ Through the Ever Night, pg. 14-15
She absorbed the terror and beauty of him and his world. Of every moment over the past days. All of it, filling her up like the first breath she'd ever taken. And never had she loved life more. ~ Under the Never Sky
Perry brushed a kiss on her cheek while she was chewing, and she learned that it was the loveliest thing to be kissed for no reason, even while chewing food. It brightened the woods, and the never sky, and everything. ~ Under the Never Sky
She'd survive the outside. She'd survived the Aether and cannibals and wolves. She knew how to love now, and how to let go. Whatever came next, she would survive it, too. ~ Under the Never Sky
Why She's My Book BFF:
Aria is one of the best kickass heroines in YA. She doesn't need a guy to protect her or show her the way. She forges her own path. That doesn't mean that she doesn't desire love, but she refuses to lose herself to become part of a relationship. I find her strength and courage to be admirable.